Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let's get started

I am lucky enough to get to stay at home with my son, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. However, now that he is starting to sleep regularly I have some time at night to pursue my interests again. One of those interests is drawing. I've been meaning to rebuild a body of work over the last few years but the process has been slow and sporadic. Taking time out to draw when it is not how you make your living is difficult to justify when dishes, laundry, general clean up, and quality time with your significant other (no it's not a chore, just a thing to be mindful of) are all seemingly being neglected. By starting this blog I'm hoping to become more accountable for taking time out each day to practice my art. For my birthday, a friend of mine got me this book and my goal is to work my way through it posting at least two drawings per week.

As an example of my style, here is a pencil drawing I did a few months ago:


No comments: