Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bubbles, Mushrooms, and Luminescent Plankton

I'm not thrilled with any of these to begin with. It's made worse by the face that I'm apparently taking these from inside a freezer. I just could not take a steady picture despite multiple efforts.


Here's my bubbles, although they look a good deal more like wonky marbles. I've tried before to draw bubbles and I just can't seem to get the lightness of them. I think this is a subject best done in watercolor.


I couldn't decide between real mushrooms, and the Nintendo toadstool that pops in my head whenever mushrooms are mentioned so I did one of each. I think I made toadie look subtly malicious.



Last but not least, I give you luminescent plankton. I've been a little obsessed with bioluminescence ever since I was a kid, so I got a little distracted researching this. In then end I think this is more sardine/rabbit hybrid than luminescent plankton but it has it's own distinct charm.

Fin.

No comments: